Who Feels Love?

Who Feels Love?
Oasis - Band that changed my life

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Blackbird

So finally after long wait of two and half months, I got to lay hands on the new Alter Bridge album Blackbird. The album was released in US in October. As this band is not much famous in India, it took two months for the album to come in India. Well truly saying, the wait was really worth something. It is a modern album having a feel of traditional rock. Even the lyrics are so motivating. The whole album screams out the message "Move on. This is your life. Live it."

I read its reviews on net and likewise wasnt let down by the album. I really dont know why people dont appreciate good music. The guitar riffs, solos, bass riffs and also drums are amazing in this album. Even the lyrics do stand out. Specially the title song Blackbird which was written as a dedication to the Myles'(vocalist) friend who passed away during the course of the album. It is really an awesome dedication to someone who passed away.
But I was really dissppointed that the way the album fared in market. Anyways as Mark Tremonti(lead guitarist) has said, they make the music only for thier fans. So here it is, an album made perfectly for the fans who love the band from the bottom of thier hearts. And I am surely one of them.

I know the band Alter Bridge. since 2005 when I happened to hear their first single "Open Your Eyes". But then I had a premonition that its just Creed with a new vocalist as it contained three former Creed musicians and a new vocalist. Then over the course, when I used to hear Creed songs, I liked the way Mark played guitar. But I always felt that he could play much more heavier than he used to play in Creed. I always felt something was stopping him. That's when I decided to re-hear the Alter Bridge closely. And to my joy, that was the music which I wanted to hear all along. Only two more bands were able to do this for me till now - Oasis and Iron Maiden(Gods of Heavy Metal). And from then there was no looking back. i immediately ordered for the first Alter Bridge album One Dy Remains. People ask me why do you waste 400/- on some stupid Audio CD. They really dont understand the real love for Music I can say. Anyways, that album was the one which rekindled my interest in modern rock(after Linkin Park). And I was waiting for the next album to be released very soon.

For me Alter Bridge a truly genuine band with a wealth of talent hidden within those 4 amazing musicians. Even if the band doesnt receive any awards or certifications, it will remain one of my most favourite bands of all time.

No comments: