Who Feels Love?

Who Feels Love?
Oasis - Band that changed my life

Friday, May 16, 2008

Million Dollar Question

Yeah so the million dollar question (in the world of music.. rock music to be precise). Which one is the best Guitar solo till today?
Well popularly its "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin or "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. I beg to differ on that. Please forgive about the bragging which I do about my favorite band Iron Maiden,but the best guitar solo has to be "PHANTOM OF THE OPERA" by none other than the Gods of Heavy Metal. Its really difficult for me to give any other the numero uno status. The solo in Phantom although is a dual guitar solo, but still its the best and I can listen it over and over and over again till eternity!!!!!!!!

And this one is undeniable.....
The best guitar riff of all time is unarguably "HALLOWED BE THY NAME". Heck!!! Name other one??
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I am a Iron Maiden freak too!! Thanks to you, you introduced me to them..anyways, when it comes to guitar solos, Iron maiden is definitely great..cause theyve become my popular band too..but then again, you should try listening to Joe Satriani or Steve Vai..I happened to watch their G concert on VH1...they are fucking awesome...seriously blew me out through the roof with their riffs!!!

Pushkar said...

Yeah man!! You are absolutely right. But it will be unfair to compare Instrumental Rock with Heavy Metal.
Joe and Steve are the guitar gods and their songs being only instrumentals, I find it difficult to compare them with Maiden. Also Maiden is a complete package with cool solos, breath-taking riffs, amazing drums and bass and last but not the least vocals...