Who Feels Love?

Who Feels Love?
Oasis - Band that changed my life

Monday, May 5, 2008

Club Foot

CLUB FOOT
I happened to hear this song by a British band KASABIAN on VH1 on Sunday. As soon as I heard it, I remembered that I had heard it somewhere before which was in a Hollywood soccer flick GOAL! (Hollywood's Chak De India :D). Immediately started my search on internet. To my amusement the video of the song is available on the band's website. I couldn't thank my stars. Since Yesterday just listening to the same song over and over again. Can get enough of it.
The song is really cool. It has quite hummable chorus which keeps on playing inside your mind again and again. Well dont know what the name of the song means though.
The video of song features some war torn area, soldiers, tanks, some civilians and a student in particular along with the band singing the song. The video ends with a tank shooting down the student. Read somewhere that this song is a tribute to a Czech student who immolated himself in the protest of the Soviet intervention in Czechoslovakia sometime during Cold War in 70s. A nice way to pay a tribute I can say.
Also first time I have heard this band. Seems to be quite a band. It has that typical Brit feel.

No comments: