Who Feels Love?

Who Feels Love?
Oasis - Band that changed my life

Friday, January 2, 2009

Black Ice

No this is not about the black ice that we find in Ladakh in winters or as a matter of fact any frozenland.

AC/DC released their first album in Nov' 08 after a long hiatus of 8 years by the name Black Ice. I was pretty much excited when I heard in last July that AC/DC will be realeasing the album After all which rock would not like to hear another Back in Black from one of the greatest rockers of all times. And the name Black was common in the name of both albums, so I was really waiting for album to hit the stores. As soon as album released worldwide, I could see the revies on net which further increased the desire to lay my hands on the album. At last after a week, the album hit the Indian stores.
"Rock N Roll Train" An unusual name for a song. But the song rocks and rocks really damn good. I was listening to only this song for straight 2 days. Angus Young still has the power to make you headband melodiously. And no wonder why AC/DC's years without Phil Rudd were not productive. I have always liked Phil drums. They are not phenomenal but no one can fit into his shoes in AC/DC. His style is so unique and you can instantly tell its Phil on drums. He is always reciprocate to the rawness created by Young brothers on guitars.

Amongst other noticable tracks are Big Jack, Skies on Fire, Smash N Grab. Also the highlight is title track Black Ice. Rest of the songs failed to impress me. I was expecting much more good songs from a list of 15. So the verdict is that its not as good as Back in Black or I would rate Higway to Hell better than this.
Anyways, Rock N Roll Train has became one of my all time favorites.

No comments: